Friday, January 13, 2006

NUWORLD. NEWS

NUWORLD. NEWS: "The new album will be called 'Jagged' and will be released on March 13 as previously stated. It will be released on our own Mortal Records label. The distribution in Europe will be through Cooking Vinyl and it seems likely that it will be released in North America by Metropolis Records although that deal has still to be signed.
The 11 songs are now mixed. I finished the last one yesterday and the running order, although not absolutely decided yet, is likely to be as follows. I've also put the running time of each track:

Pressure (5:20)
Fold (5:47)
Halo (4:16)
Slave (6:02)
In A Dark Place (6:08)
Haunted (5:28)
Blind (7:01)
Before You Hate It (5:14)
Melt (5:18)
Scanner (6:04)
Jagged (5:22)

The total running time is 62 minutes.

The photo session was done last friday with Steve Gullick who also did the Pure album shoot. Today I am sorting through the contact sheets from that session so that I can start to work on the artwork . Boxing Day was spent tweaking those final mixes that I've become unhappy with today. I made the fatal mistake of playing the album while I went through the photos and I've become increasingly unhappy with two of the mixes. Nothing major, just niggling little things that will haunt me if I don't fix them now. The artwork has to be with Cooking Vinyl during January . Between then and now I also have to move house as I'm being turfed out of here, so it's just a tad stressy at the moment. The photos are cool and we have lots to choose from so no problems there. The studio is being dismantled as soon as I've tweaked the mixes and will be set up again at a new studio building not too far from the new house luckily. I want to write at least another four new songs before I start working on the gig

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home