Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Mobile madness.



Morning all,
Good day at work yesterday, well as good as work can be. Seems this different job routine is quite agreeable to a Cheeky. Not being stuck all shift on one machine feels like a breath of fresh air. Boss even asked if I fancied doing a spot of cleaning for a couple of hours, seeing as though the cleaner is off sick. Well believe me or don’t, but I quite enjoyed the change from the dull machine....The fact that I had more chemicals in use than an Iranian bomb factory didn’t go down to well at break time. The poor chaps left the canteen as high as kites......I’m sure I heard Bob say “Hey man” as he left.

Harold phoned to say how very, very ill he still is, but surprise surprise, he had to make it very clear how much he was enjoying the time off work....Well ‘H’, here’s to your knees giving you hell for a few day’s more. Now is that a nasty jealous streak or what ?.

Isn’t it strange how things turn out ?. I remember not so many years back seeing someone on television saying how they couldn’t live without their mobile. The words SAD, SAD and SAD came to mind. Well, at work now the Nazi regime has spoken, and mobiles are not allowed on the shop floor. Well for me it lasted all of an hour and I must say I felt for that person who I mistakenly called sad. If your sad mate, I now know another one.
So for now the mobile still resides inside the right hand pocket. After all, how the hell do they expect me to compete in trans Atlantic eye-spy with Freddie, with no mobile.

Got to look back into Sausagenet before too long, weird how after a break you don’t feel like you can fit back in......Having said that, I can imagine some breathing a sigh of relief when the dead one vanished....but to me that just creates a temptation to get back in and wind up the few clockwork ones. We'll see.

Wonder if Briz is back for good ?, has Willo tried me soup yet ?, did Widow get me curry ?, will Freddie call me stupid ? has Lupins big brother found me ?, is Ally still bonny & bonkers, what does the Corporal call himself now ?, is Bill around still ?, has Doc found his elusive tardis ?, has Ian still got the perfect ‘RED’........Oh the weird world of sausages.
Must remember to call Freddie today, there’ll be hell to pay if she thinks I’m ignoring her. Remember the words of Charles.. “I FEAR THE SCOTTISH TONGUE....”

Well that’s it for now. One must make a start on one’s new book later. 'IDIOTS GUIDE TO ROCKET SCIENCE'...maybe if I’m cleaning sometime today I might experiment with rocket propulsion.....or maybe not.

1 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, January 18, 2006, Blogger Freddie said...

Hahaha..Morning STUPID..
STUPID is..as you know just one of the many names i call you..hahaha.. do you think i should print the rest ?? Well what fun is that if no mobiles are allowed on the shop floor..just what do THEY expect you to do when on the nightshift...didn't they know they pay you to talk to me..hahahaha..how else can i say Hi to the guy at break time..lol..i am glad to see your finally enjoying work..see as i said earlier..STUPID...hahaha..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home