Thursday, June 22, 2006

Get well soon Mam...

Well the week's nearly over. Not been too bad at work, but at home a different story. Spent the time between work, Mams and home.
Mam took bad early Monday morning at home, resulting in a day in bed. Tuesday she was a little better but still not right. Yesterday I had my own feelings about the problem, and too be honest if I'd listened to Nadine last year and pushed the doctor more when he said Mam was fine, maybe things would be different. Anyway yesterday I called the doctor out and he confirmed Mam had had a stroke. Not a severe one, but enough to make her speech slurred, and walking difficult.
I thought last year that something maybe wasn't quite right, but on asking a doctor, he explained that her diabetes symptoms can be mistaken for stroke symptoms......Why is it that when you just know deep down something's amiss, you can still be persuaded to believe you must be wrong. Nadine was right, I just hope any delay hasn't made things worse. Doc did say she should improve in the next few days. She's had blood tests today, and awaits an appointment for a brain scan, but still has the determination and grit to try and carry on as normal. I still understood the orders of "Christopher, cut the grass please, oh and edge it please, oh and the hedge need cutting" followed by, "Can you put the kettle on please?". Only small things compared to the things she's done for me. After all, she brought me up on her own, and look what a 'cough cough,' fine person I am now......no comments Ally and Freddie.

Leaving work early tomorrow to take Carol back to hospital. Fingers crossed the operation has done its job.

'Little Monster' requests her blog updating, but to be honest I haven't had time this week. I've just been coming home shattered and crashing in front of the TV. I could just do a quick post, but I want it done properly. My lack of interest in my blog the past month resulting in hers also being left, sorry Monster....but just bloody wait ya wee terror.

Tell you what, I'll show you a couple of photographs 'Monster' took on Farne Islands at the weekend.

Picture the scene....a rather portly man dressed from head to toe in camouflage clothing, lying on the floor, with a camera lens the size of one of the Apollo rockets pointed towards a little Puffins hole in the ground. He looked frozen as he waited patiently for the puffin to show itself. Along skipped one 'Little Monster', crouched down in front of the photographer, saw the puffin pop it's head out, snapped the picture, and carried on walking as the photographer just looked up in disbelief......Poor sod, he might still be laid there to this day.....That's girl power for ya.



The next shot was one she took whilst shivering with the cold, and wearing my jacket. I swear that child tried all ways to get my jacket covered in bird sh*t.


Well, that's it for tonight. Here's hoping tomorrow brings better news on the health front, for Carol and Mam.

Take care all, and don't do anything I wouldn't. Oh and Freddie, tell Steve we've had to hire a forklift to hold the tomatoes up.....I'm not saying they're big, but...

2 Comments:

At 1:40 AM, June 23, 2006, Blogger AllyBally said...

Love to Mam, Cheeky... hope she's better soon.

And to Carol, too... I don't know her, but she must be a good sort to put up with you!

And of course you're a *cough, cough* fine person... albeit a grumpy one at times!

xxx

 
At 10:02 AM, June 23, 2006, Blogger Freddie said...

errr..Chee..a Doozers forklift from Fraggle Rock doesn't count as a forklift...hahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home