Sunday, June 18, 2006

Yesterdays photos



My apologies to anyone who is trying to read this post whilst I add photos. You see, for some unknown reason I can't seem to upload photos most of the time, but I did notice that the fact my pictures are also stored onto the PICASA2 program might have helped. It might be a long way of getting my pictures onto the blog, but if I blog them straight from PICASA2 and create a new post, then copy the pictures code and re enter it into the original post thus deleting the new post, It seems to work, it sounds complicated, but balls to a clear explanation. It works so it'll do for now.

Anyway, getting back to this post. Rather than edit yesterdays post I thought of adding the photos from yesterday to this post. It saves on editing yesterdays, and then creating todays post. Why is blogging sometimes so complicated ???

Bloody Ally...

Now then, yesterdays trip. The dolphins had to be the highlight of the day. Trying to take photos with a slow camera was er somewhat difficult. I clicked the shutter and by the time the camera had taken the photo the bloody creatures had dived.




After a few failed shots, it ended a guessing game. The water rippled, Cheeky clicked the shutter, the dolphins appeared, the photo was taken, the result was then viewed... The fact that there was a few loud words of "bollocks" made a few laugh on the boat. I refuse to disclose who shouted bollocks. I'm sure you can take a good guess.


I enjoyed the Grace Darling history, the fact that she rowed from the lighthouse in the photo below, more than once, to rescue shipwrecked passengers in one night, and in a storm of storms made me feel for the bravery of the lady.


Some of the birds were stunning, some were just bloody evil looking. The evil looking ones I was drawn to, I wonder why...




One little bugger popped up when we made our way down back to the boat, I swear he shouted "Oy cheeky, over ere". I looked, I saw, I took the little gits photo...How foreward of the little puffin, I wouldn't have dared shout at him to have my photo took. But I suppose the little creatures need all the publicity they can get.



My moneys on the bird on top.....go on my son.



PS....Oy Freddie, can you please show Steve this picture of Carols tom's....She says hers are bigger. I'm keeping out of the argument.

I feel a trans Atlantic tomato competition is in order

5 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, June 18, 2006, Blogger Grekosay said...

Me gusta mucho tu idea del blog y estas fotos fasciantes.

 
At 5:37 PM, June 18, 2006, Blogger Cheeky said...

Gracias para sus comentarios Grekosay.

 
At 9:13 PM, June 18, 2006, Blogger AllyBally said...

Oi! Stop being sarky about the puffins, or I'll send the Orkney ones after you!

We breed em tough up here.

And I'm impressed... we've got a bi-lingual grumpy vampire!

 
At 11:29 PM, June 18, 2006, Blogger Freddie said...

Yes i feel it too after Steven saw this post..but like you i'm staying out of it..haha.. now let the growing begin..Mwhaaa

 
At 11:31 PM, June 18, 2006, Blogger Freddie said...

oopsie..i forgot to ask..Steven said are those tom's in a green/hot house thing or are they outdoors ??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home