Saturday, February 25, 2006

Vertigo and bust...


Well, what a busy day. The 'Monster phone' came alive early this morning, with the normal call of "Grandaaaaaaaa, can I come round yours ?" Well this old one being a walkover, the answer of course was yes. A quick think of somewhere to go and off to pick her up. A quick turn around here, and we all set off for Washington Wetland centre. Maybe not the best time of year for such a visit, but Monster wanted to feed the birds, and she who must be obeyed, must be obeyed.
The journey up the A1 towards Newcastle grew into a ride to oblivion, what with the torrential rainfall and freezing temperature, another plan had to be hatched. Carols plan seemed to match mine, home in front of the fire, and kettle on. Well her plan involved the kettle, mine involved hitting the cold cans in the fridge. However, Monsters plan was to work out the nearest alternative to Washington, that fulfilled her needs. Guess what.......she worked out we were near the Metro Centre, and guess again as to what there is at the Metro centre.....Bloody Metroland.

Now don't get me wrong, Cheeky aint too old for the rides, but the number of flippin gangs of youths hanging around the place, far out numbers the minutes my patience I can stand before lift off. The language off them, the number who just push into queues, the scruffy ones who spit wherever they walk...I could go on and on, but I might sound like an old grump. No comments Ally or Fred.

Anyway, to cut a story short, we had two rides on the rollercoaster, two goes on the waltzer, Monster went on the air chairs ( the bloody operator wouldn't let me on), we cleaned the floor on the dodgems (Monster drove), Oh and she had a plate of chips, with a side portion of cheap Coke.

On the way home she asked to stay with us all night, and again we said yes. A quick game of bingo and a pizza later, she soon asked to go to bed......yes I said SHE ASKED to go to bed. The only demand was that I went with her. So to keep the peace I crawled alongside and settled down till she nodded off. Sleep seemed far from her mind, she wanted to know where we were going next time, and seeing as we bought her a new walking waterproof coat today, I promised to take her back up the Lakes, hopefully next weekend. I had a route planned anyway for her, but it involves a large cave to explore. As soon as I mentioned the cave she seemed to wake up and asked if she could use my head torch. No problem, I said, but she then wanted it on in bed, just to get some practice in.
I left her in bed fast asleep, and as you can see below, she's ready for any caving expedition.....head torch at the ready.


1 Comments:

At 12:04 AM, February 26, 2006, Blogger Freddie said...

if i can't comment on your sound...how about your looks...hahaha
glad you all had a great day Chee.. and i hope your walk to the lakes
is even better...maybe one day i can go too....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home