Sunday, March 19, 2006

Creativity in the kitchen, or not ???




Had an afternoon slaving over a hot stove today. Well the fact that one’s belly was to be fed, made it a little more enjoyable.
Firstly a lovely curried monkfish with sweet potatoes and spinach. “Turned out nice again”, in the words of a gentleman a little more amusing than oneself. The monkfish gave a nice change to my normal selection of curry types, types ranging from chicken to chicken, and now and then, chicken for a change.

For dessert I attempted, (and this is where I require someone’s assistance) a lemon cheesecake. After a quick scout around the net I settled on what seemed like an easy recipe even I wouldn’t mess up. Well I can hold my hand up and say the cheesy bit was lovely, but the base had the texture and taste of a rather oily flip-flop. Not any old flip-flop may I add, but one that I’d just bloody slaved over for what seemed like an eternity. Even the flipping cat turned a whisker when I tried the feline taste test.
So if anybody has a foolproof recipe for a cheesecake, I’m your man.


I see Freddie had a great night watching Queen. I had the pleasure of a quick voicemail recording of the concert from her. I thought at first someone had catnapped the cat and was sending a ransom call, with a recording of it being tortured, but no, it was either the band, or Freddie screaming that her thrown knickers had landed on the drum kit. I did hear someone shout “Who turned the lights out”.

Well, one creative chef is off to bed.....Gym tomorrow, so it's a little longer on the treadmill, to burn of the flabby flip-flop.

Remember................any cheesecake recipies most welcome.

Hmm, I wonder if Ally has any cheesecake ideas....having said that, it might be quicker just contacting Bells Whiskey direct. Only joking Ally.............I know it's Teacher's really.

The polis pulls Ally over, who's been weaving in and out of the lanes in her new Lada. He goes up to the Ally's window and says, " I need ye tae blow intae this breathalyzer tube.""Naw, cannae dae that" says Ally, "ah've goat right bad asthma. If I dae that, I'll have a really bad asthma attack.""Awright, fine. I need you tae come doon tae the polis station tae gie a blood sample.""Naw, cannae dae that" says Ally, "Ah'm a haemophiliac. If I dae that, I'll bleed tae death.""Awright, fine. I need you tae come doon tae the polis station tae gie a urine sample then.""Naw, cannae dae that" says Ally, "Ah'm also a diabetic. If I dae that, I'll get right low blood sugar and pass oot.""Awright, fine. Then I need you to come oot here and walk doon this white line.""Naw, cannae dae that eether." says Ally."Why not?""Cos ah'm pished"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home