Sunday, March 19, 2006

Gym 0 - Monster 1

Well the gym came second to a day out with 'Little Monster'.

The venue.....Washington Wetland Centre, the weather.....bloody cold with the odd rain shower, the mood of 'monster'.....quite good actually, even though she did twist my arm into buying her that chocolate cake with the ginger biscuit.

A good day today, really enjoyed the change for a Sunday. Been worked up about work lately, so to get out the day before starting back after the weekend was a nice change. I must admit I didn't feel like it this morning, when the idea was sprung upon me with the bacon sandwich. But hey, sometimes we all need that push in life.
Monster seemed to be convinced there was the odd flamingo at the centre, but I wasn't so sure. But yes, she was right. A bloody big bunch of pink one legged creatures awaited us at the centre entrance.

The first sight, after the girl wanting money at the reception, was a sudden attack by the most violent mob of delinquent ducks, the little buggers were everywhere. Monster seemed a little nervous at first, but a few moments to get her bearings and it was the ducks who were on a fast retreat.....I was behind Monster, all the way.


The next attack came from a rather burly swan, so the rather burly Cheeky had to protect the rather less burly 'monster'. I needn't have worried, the swan seem to take a rather wide berth of 'Monster'.....it was either her rather loud rainbow gloves, or the louder mouth she tended to use in excess all day. Bless her though, she did protect us from the Hitchcock looking birds

One lonely duck seemed to take a shine to one skinheed, the bloody thing followed me everywhere. Must have been the most intelligent one at the centre, Eh....

The end of the tour ended with a stalemate. 'Monster' stuck in a pipe, refusing to come out, till a promise of chocolate cake in the cafe was made......


I swear I've taught that child to many of my ways, what with the love of chocolate cake, and a knack of getting her own way.....apart from the hairstyle, we seem alike. Oh I have more teeth. And I don't put them in a glass thank you, Freddie & Ally

Before you say anything....

2 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, March 19, 2006, Blogger Freddie said...

Oh as if we would..hahaha but like the stars they do come out at night and sleep in a nice little white plastic box with a Polident over night cleansing tablet...*wink*..hahaha

 
At 8:31 PM, March 20, 2006, Blogger AllyBally said...

Ah, but I'll bet the centre doesn't have a one-legged duck that swims in circles!

And "Monster" (awww) does have one advantage... she's cuter than the average crypt-dweller!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home