Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Hello world..Cheeky here.


Yes I am still around, for all those who thought I'd retreated back to the grave. Not quite got back into regular 'cyber world usage' yet.

Carol's doing well, not as well as we hoped yet. Seems the healing process took a step backwards at the weekend. Friday saw the regular hospital visit result in a rather larger than expected piece of wound site cut away. Carol didn't feel a thing as the area is as numb as my bonce. But joking apart, when she saw it Saturday morning the anguish etched on her face was heartbreaking.
The weekend passed ok, but Monday morning concerns were expressed and we made our way back to the hospital. Again Nadine was at the end of a phone line, and as always came back with professional reassurance.
Another surgeon this time looked over the wound, and a little more was cut away. At least Carol could joke about getting smaller by the visit. I think the decision to call on the hospital was the correct one. Now a different approach has been advised, and a daily visit to our local nurse. Which I must admit I was pleased about after watching the new procedure. YUK..I didn't fancy doing that. Changing dressings yes, but that's the limit.
Well I'm sorry the blog is turning into a sporadic medical drama, but at the moment that's all that's on my mind.

'Monster's' doing fine in the Summer holidays, not too bored yet. She turned up today with a beach towel printed with 'snakes and ladders'. The one game I had before hitting the gym, was one of those ...her counter climbs both ladders and snakes, and mine drops down both ladders and snakes. God, she can cheat for England. Needless to say she bloody won.


Nightshift tonight, not the usual blood drenched tour of Durham nightshift. This one's the work one. So yes Freddie and Ally, before your Scottish tongues waggle, Durham virgins have been safe lately, and still will be tonight. Orkney ones still look out though.

So till next time, take care all...X

Oh Freddie, we tried to put one of the tomatoes on the blog, but alas the screen isn't big enough. Carol would like to point out, the picture of Steve you posted, she thought he was holding his nose.......I would like to add for the record, I'm still not getting involved.....but ours are bigger. That's tomatoes Ally..

1 Comments:

At 11:21 PM, August 09, 2006, Blogger AllyBally said...

Don't worry, I've got my electronic fly swatter ready at hand just in case!

One zap and something else will be big and red - not just the tomatoes!

;-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home