Sunday, December 24, 2006

No more Santa...please

Well I did manage to do a quick post. The day started with a rather late rise from the grave, a quick shower and shave and a lovely visit from Lleanne and Gip. Yes you spell Gip with a G, not a J as I thought. For those who don't know Gip is the scruffy dog up the street who seems to have adopted me as his main walking companion.
Lleanne and Gip brought me a bottle of wine for all the walks and treats I've given to scruff bag...er I mean Gip, and Little monster also got a Xmas gift, a gift she hasn't decided what it is after all the shaking, squeezing and sniffing, but a gift she was overjoyed to receive.
Carol and I gave Gip a walk after lunch, we had to check on Tonis house and cat (shit bag, but don't tell Carol I call him that). Anyway, as Gip and cats don't get on, he stayed outside and Mags stayed in. The sight of them both looking at each other through the window brought thoughts of WW3, but kept apart things were kept at a stalemate.....sort of.








Tonight was Eves' birthday, my cousins daughter who also happens to be my God daughter. We received a call from 'Monster' to ask if she could come with us to give Eve her presents. Now don't get me wrong, but I'm sure the fact that Santa was visiting the street on the council sleigh (open backed van) gave her the incentive to come. She was as good as gold, even to the point of helping Eve and Sam open their presents without twisting about not getting hers.



I think Mam enjoyed the visitors tonight. I always think she must be lonely on her own, but to be honest that was her choice so by now she must be happy with her situation.



Anyway we all saw Santa, watched Sam and Eve open their gifts, and got back home so Lauren could see Santa again....Oh, and got back to Laurens house before 7pm so she could see Santa for the third time. I'm sure the fact that he gave sweets out made a difference.

Well we finally got home after visiting Gip again, God that dog has us all in his grasp.
Well after a few drinks during the day, I feel the call of the duvet, and to be honest the call gets stronger every year.

May I again take this opportunity to wish you all a very merry Xmas and a very prosperous New Year. Oh, and to Freddie I would like to say "when the lottery win comes up, I'll be on the first plane" we can let Steve and Carol fight it out for the loose change.

Till next time....XXX

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home