Thursday, December 14, 2006

Short shift

Well, last nights shift lasted all of one hour. A quick phone call to mam resulted in no reply around 9.30pm. I dropped in on the way to work just to check and found her rather out of it. Fearing one of her diabetic funny turns I made her supper. All seemed fine and so I made my way to work. On the way I called on Carol who was leaving work at 10, and asked her to just check on mam just to be on the safe side. 11.30 at work Carol phoned to say she felt Mam might have had another stroke, the last thing we wanted. Poor Charlie was left in charge of the machine and I don't know who looked worse, him taking over or me wondering what I would find.
Mam was upstairs on the floor talking gibberish, and to be honest I should have checked her sugar level before calling the ambulance, but no....I called first and checked second. Seems the supper hadn't been sufficient, but too late, the ambulance was on its way. We got Mam pulled round, then when she started emphasising she wasn't going to hospital, and the way she told the paramedic to stop talking and listen to her, made it clear she was getting back to normal. I felt annoyed I'd called then ambulance before checking the sugar level, but I'm sure that after her last stroke the symptoms of her drop in sugar level are different. Still, she seemed ok today making her way around the supermarket ordering me to get this and that, and a few of the other.







Hmm, If only.....................



Alison called to ask if I could get her 3 kitchen worktops from work. Now tell me this Ally or Freddie, is it a women thing to wait till the last minute? the bloody kitchen gets fitted just after Xmas, she's had the samples two months and only now made her mind up which one she wants. We're not a shop, I have to make the flipping' things whilst making everything else at work. Just like Carol last year, telling me her car was due it's MOT the next day. I'm sure she thinks you pop into Woolworth's and buy the certificate.


Anyway, grumpy has to be off and prepare for the dreaded night shift. So if anyone's reading this I'll say "ta ta for now, and catch ya later alligator"











Let us fear the one who looks back from the mirror

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home