Saturday, April 08, 2006

Snow, Sun and Confession



Had a great walk today, quite a surprise considering the weather conditions as we travelled across to the lakes. The drive across started in bright sunshine, but ended with a bloody whiteout. Be it snow, or be it sleet, it was flippin awful.
Having made the effort to rise from the pit and make the journey across country, it seemed a waste not to start.
Ambleside car park looked like what I imagine a bingo hall to be, bloody blue rinses and nylon wigs in all directions. That may be a slight exaggeration, but there was too many loud and giggly pensioners for my liking.

The route took in Rydal Hall and on to Grasmere following the 'coffin route', as used for centuries to transport the dead to the neighboring churchyard. No wonder I felt at home, eh Ally. Grasmere was rather quiet compared to the usual Saturday, seemed the weather had taken it's toll.




One sign that did tickle my fancy, was the Bridge House Hotel's way of pointing out it was full....."CHOCKER BLOCK" now that's my kind of 'sign' language.






Our lunch stop consisted of cheese & pickle sandwiches, flapjack, and a good helping of bloody hail, snow and rain.....Oh and a side dish of a wee bit of sunshine. Bloody English weather.
And before you all ask, the stained glass photos were taken today at Rydal Church, I popped in to confess a few sins....I asked for forgiveness for all I've done wrong......A strange sort of cold feeling came over me whilst waiting for a reply, then a somewhat comforting voice whispered to my left side "I don't do overtime on a Saturday"...bloody cheek eh.




The psycho swan encounter happened again, seems I'm doomed when it comes to swans. This one gave me a backward glance, that would fell a running buffalo from fifty meters.



See, I told you.....bloody evil looking sod eh. Lucky the dragon was there to fend it off.....with my flapjack may I add.






Well, me arse aches, I'm tired, and I want me bed........So till tomorrow Catch ya later, alligator. X

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home